Treatment applied by a physiotherapist using facial nerve recovery exercises,
Patient name- Md. Salam
- When drinking water or gargling, water falls through one side of the mouth
- Diabetes positive
- Previous history of mild stroke
- Can’t blow in the flute
- Previous history of numbness in the neck region
- If he wants to close eyes one eye does not close
- It is difficult to chew food
- Difficult to spit
Important facial rehabilitation exercises
1- The four pads of the TENS on the face should be given 12 minutes on the affected side.
2- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation exercises need to be done. It will strengthen the weak nerves.
3- Drink water with juice pipes, it will strengthen the facial muscles.
4- This is an upper motor neuron lesion, so it will be a little late to cure.
5- The English letter – (A E I O U) needs to be dragged and said aloud.
1. Erb’s palsy
2. Physiotherapy for frozen shoulder
3. When to Have Back Surgery for Herniated Disc
4. Physiotherapy for ankle: Easy to cure
5. Cerebral Palsy: Causes, Types, and Physiotherapy Treatments
You might also be interested in:
Last updated 20/4/2020
Imtiaz Uddin Ahmed, BSc, is a health professional. He has been working with pain-related diseases and conditions for the last ten years, and he loves to give treatment without painkillers. Based on his experience with different types of physiotherapy manual techniques. He completed his BSc from Saic College of Medical Science and Technology. He loves to collect information from PMC. Here, he is sharing his opinion about various health conditions and health-related equipment. Find him on Facebook page here. Happy reading!