Inflammation of the tendon of the lateral side of the wrist joint-
- Abductor pollicis longus
- Extensor pollicis brevis
is the main cause of this disease condition.
Symptoms of De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- A hand gripping with the opposition of the thumb is severely painful.
- The ulnar deviation cannot perform for pain.
- All of the movement of the wrist is restricted.
- Always feel pain in the lateral side of the wrist joint.
Prognosis of De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
1. If you get physiotherapy treatment within 7 days. It is an acute condition and her recovery is possible rapidly. 2. Otherwise, in the chronic stage, we need about one month for a cure with physiotherapy.
3. Prognosis also depends on the proper use of De Quervain’s tenosynovitis splint.
Causes of De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Generally, people are taking heavy pressure on the wrist joint. In their office. They suffer more.
- People who play cricket, basketball, and tennis. They suffer much.
- Typing a computer is another cause.
- Writing more.
- Unknown cause.
Treatment of De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Wax bath therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Mobilization of distal and proximal joints
- Shoulder joint mobilization
- Release forearm muscle
- Release pectoralis major muscle
- Avoid repeated movement on the wrist joint
- Gaping of the wrist joint
- Radial nerve stretching exercise
- Ulnar nerve stretching exercise
- Median nerve stretching exercise
- Strengthening the surrounding muscle of the wrist joint
Also, you must need to use best hand exerciser when you perform exercises
Other treatment-related articles:
You might also be interested in:
Last updated by Dr. Imtiaz: 16/4/2023
Imtiaz Uddin Ahmed, BSc, is a health professional. He has been working with pain-related diseases and conditions for the last ten years, and he loves to give treatment without painkillers. Based on his experience with different types of physiotherapy manual techniques. He completed his BSc from Saic College of Medical Science and Technology. He loves to collect information from PMC. Here, he is sharing his opinion about various health conditions and health-related equipment. Find him on Facebook page here. Happy reading!