Inflammation of the tendon of the lateral side of the wrist joint--
1. Abductor pollicis longus
2. Extensor pollicis brevis
This is the main cause of this disease condition.
1. A hand gripping with the opposition of the thumb is severely painful
2. The ulnar deviation cannot perform for pain
3. All of the movement of the wrist is restricted
4. Always feel pain in the lateral side of wrist joint
1. If you get physiotherapy treatment within 7 days. It is an acute condition and her recovery is possible rapidly.
2. Otherwise, in the chronic stage, we need about one month for a cure with physiotherapy.
3. Prognosis also depends on the proper use of De Quervain's tenosynovitis splint.
1. Generally, people are taking heavy pressure in the wrist joint. In their office. They suffer more.
2. People who play cricket, basketball, tennis. They suffer much.
3. Typing computer is another cause.
4. Writing more.
5. Unknown cause.
1. Wax bath therapy
2. Ultrasound therapy
3. Mobilization of distal and proximal joint
4. Shoulder joint mobilization
5. Release forearm muscle
6. Release pectoralis major muscle
7. Avoid repeated movement on wrist joint
8. Gaping of wrist joint
9. Radial nerve stretching exercise
10. Ulnar nerve stretching exercise
11. Median nerve stretching exercise
12. Strengthening the surrounding muscle of wrist joint
Also, you must need to use best hand exerciser when you perform exercises.
1. Erb's palsy
You might also be interested in:
Last updated 25/4/2020
Imtiaz Uddin Ahmed, BSc, is a health professional. He has been working with pain-related diseases and conditions for the last ten years, and he loves to give treatment without painkillers. Based on his experience with different types of physiotherapy manual techniques. He completed his BSc from Saic College of Medical Science and Technology. He loves to collect information from PMC. Here, he is sharing his opinion about various health conditions and health-related equipment. Find him on Facebook page here. Happy reading!